Sunday, December 16, 2007

Saturday W(rap) & Looking Ahead to Monday

I went to the bday party for Cara and Bichthu as I mentioned in my blog yesterday. It was a quite a bit of fun with some serious I mean SERIOUS dancing going on. The joint was a jumpin' since I don't dance I wallflowered it from the side. I ran into Veronica at the party which is was funny 'cause I never expected her to be in Brooklyn. I think she told me she was working on a 4 page poem and if you've read her work in Barrow Street she's writes tiny sparse little poems so I can't wait to see what her new work looks like.

Speaking of poetry- there's 3 amazing readings tomorrow night:

KGB Bar

Poetry: Great American Prose Poems
Start: Dec 17 2007 - 7:00pm
End: Dec 17 2007 - 9:00pm


Great American Prose Poems evening hosted by David Lehman with Mark Bibbins, Charles Bernstein, Jenny Boully, Billy Collins, Jennifer L. Knox, Mark Strand, Paul Violi, Susan Wheeler, and others.

NYQ is bringing it strong too:

Cornelia Street Cafe- $7

Monday | December 17, 2007, 6 p.m.
Joanna Fuhrman, Eileen Hennessy, Chris Tonelli

& lastly this is the reading I'm going to go to:

Readings Between A & B

Mondays, 7:30 pm

11th Street Bar
510 E. 11th Street
(Between Avenues A & B)
Manhattan, NYC.

All Readings are Free.

DECEMBER 17

Anne Waldman
Mei-mei Berssenbrugge
Jonathan Thirkield

No comments: