Friday, May 25, 2007

Cornelia and GWN meets T&W wrap-up

I got a few emails this morning in regards to last night- Anjulie, a girl I met at the Bald Ego magazine party seemed pretty excited about the reading and said she was "definitely coming" naturally she didn't come and emailed me this, "Dude! I totally forget." I think this is a perfect example where honesty is the least interesting option- HA! A few other friends got stuck working late- as is the casuality of working in NYC. Nonetheless there was an excellent turn-out for both readings! The Girls Write Now meets Teachers & Writers Collaborative was standing room only for the first half and there weren't many empty seats at Cornelia Street Cafe either.

I got really good feedback from both readings and surprisingly had a blast at both of them. I like to end on a high note and not do any more readings for the whole of Summer, but last night Jason Napoli Brooks invited me to read at his series, The Enclave. Two things- he's a fellow Philadelphian and their readings are always packed with primarily fiction heads so it'd give me an opportunity to woo some non-poets for a change.

Anyways, thanks to all who showed up to my readings and those who may not have been able to make it for various reasons but showed their support ala their interest/desire to attend!

No comments: