Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We put our peaches where they had to go

One of the best feelings is finding out you don't have to teach on a day you thought you had to teach- in other words, no Staten Island Ferry for me on Friday.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yesterday I had to do cross-exam-grading. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but definitely happy to be through with it.

Right before I left yesterday I stopped at a bench in the hallway to make a call. As I was on the phone a student passed by me and smiled. Then she said I was "cute." This was unexpected so I said nothing. She laughed and walked away (slowly). I thought maybe it was a joke, but I didn't see anyone else around, as yesterday the school was pretty empty except for evening students who had finals during the day.
Weird. I was seriously rocking some corny, boring, black, teacher pants and need a haircut....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I recently watched the French film, Elevator to the Gallows (1957) and I'm thinking about seeing Tell No One. Has anyone seen it?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This week is the final Word of Mouth of 2008. I'll post details tomorrow. I also have a friend's bday party. Then holiday parties on Friday and Saturday night. Hopefully I'll get my haircut on Sunday.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Today, I received an unexpected text declaring love for a particular poem I wrote. That was sweet and made my day!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm eating Tempting Trail Mix from Trader Joes, ever have it? I recommend it. Tonight I think I'm making gnocchi with mushrooms, carmelised onions (sauteed if I get impatient), fresh salted tomatoes, black olives, and arugula in a cream sauce. I'll have to make it soon, before I lose motivation.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Aw! Sounds like I should have included YOU in my "swoon" post. Whatta lady killah! :)

Cyra said...

haircut or not, 'tis true yo! ;)

whereas alls I get are dummies who compliment me by sayin my hat reminds em of their grama's. ech!

steven karl said...

Aren't I lucky to have such sweet friends!