Monday, December 1, 2008

Children Amassed

A new week already! Last week started out rather busy with a potluck on Tuesday then Thanksgiving on Thursday, but I hardly managed to leave the house on Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday. I had and still have a ton of grading to do as my three classes are winding down.

Sunday, I finally left the apartment to see my friend, J.Mae, play violin at Carnegie Hall. This was the program:

New England Symphonic Ensemble

Stern Auditorium, Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM





Program Details

New England Symphonic Ensemble
John Rutter, Conductor
Alexandra Costin, Piano
With participating choruses



GRIEG
Piano Concerto in A Minor, Op. 16
JOHN RUTTER
Mass of the Children

It was pretty good and I surprised myself by really getting into Mass of the Children. There's something about so many voices joined in chorus.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This week will be busy with work and then towards the end of the week there's the usual engagements of birthdays, dinners, etc. I think the Small Press Fair is in town this weekend? I'll look into it and post a blog later this week with details. I'm sure there are readings happening this week, but for the life of me I can't think where or when they are.

No comments: