Thursday, September 18, 2008

Turn Your Love Into A Light & Let Your Love Shine Through

I ate chaat last night and could eat it again right now except I'm only at the drinking french press part of my day. No classes at LaGuardia today so no work for me-YES!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I need to get paid 'cause 2 poets I really love have new (chap)books out. Matthew Rohrer's They All Seemed Asleep (Octopus 2008)- check it out here.

& Catherine Meng's Dokument (Petrichord, 2008) here. I was a huge fan of her book, Tonight's the Night and I'm hoping to do a review of it for Coldfront or elsewhere.

Speaking of Cold Front Magazine, they now have a drop menu where you can read bios and see pictures of the reviewers. I don't think I'm on it yet 'cause one of the editors emailed me and told me he'd lost my bio, as well as, two of my reviews for some Dusie chaps. Dutifully I resent all requested thises and thats.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So in some music-related news, Noah and the Whale are playing a free mini-show tonight at the Sidewalk Cafe- I shall saunter over. Tomorrow an aquaintance of mine is doing this (also free)

Just a reminder-my performance DIASPORA CROSSINGS is this Friday, Sept
19!
Hope you can make it! your friday is all perfectly planned out...
park(ing) then diaspora then cara's dj-night!

Friday September 19, 2008, 7.30pm-9pm
Caffe Vivaldi
32 Jones Street, Manhattan
(Off Bleecker Street, near 7th Avenue)
Tel. 212-691-7538www.caffevivaldi.com

Trains: 1, A, B, C, D, E, F, V

No cover - just tips for musicians
Serves great food (Indian/Italian i think) and drinks!

A squealing jazz saxophone meets thunderous taiko drums meets virtuoso
piano; and the singing cello intertwines with sweet bamboo flute.
Diaspora Crossings brings these unique sounds to birth. Come and enjoy
the passions of traditions, and the festivities created when these
musician-composers from very different backgrounds cross paths.

Featuring musicians from Japan and Poland:

Nobuko Miyazaki - flute & shinobue
Bartosz Smoragiewicz - sax & clarinet
Margo Staniszewska - vocal
Izabela Buchowska - cello
Shogo Samata - piano
Yoko "Laiyo" Nakahashi - taiko drums
For more info visit:www.myspace.com/diasporacrossings


who's this cara you may ask? a friend of mine who goes by dj miss bliss & you can get yer groove on to her here:

the brooklyn street raga association 8 pm
pg six 9 pm
zachary cale &friends10 pm
this frontier needs heroes 11pm

dj miss bliss starts at 7 pm and will play before after and in between sets


dam stuhltrager gallery
corner of hope and marcy
williamsburg

8 pm / $5 admission / $3 beer

myspace.com/bradlauretti
myspace.com/zacharycale
myspace.com/pgsixband
myspace.com/thebrooklynstreetragaassociation
www.djmissbliss.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Monday I'll check out My Bloody Valentine at the Roseland!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did you know that there's a three day Boog City poetry festival going on? I'm definitely attending the Race panel and Julia Cohen's reading (same place at one pm) but for a complete break-down of the events check out Mathias' blog!




No comments: