Sunday, January 6, 2008

Damn AWP- No love for the procrastinators?

The website says that 7,000 people have registered and it is now sold out. It also says that no more tickets will be sold. I hope they change their mind on this. I hadn't registered yet, despite really wanting to attend Thursday's conferences because I have a huge deadline at work for Feb. 1st and I'm skeptical that I'll actually get the day off, as well as, being called for jury duty starting Jan. 24th which is really gonna fuck up my deadline if I'm selected. It will ultimately mean spending weekends at Eos or putting in even longer hours prior to the 24th- ugh! the thought of losing my weekends or already limited week-nights makes me ill so I'll digress for now....

Nonetheless, NYC being what it is I'm sure there will be a ton of stuff happening "off-site" as well and most certainly I'll get into something-- but still it would have been nice be amongst peers, you know the "community" i.e. ad hoc family, etc...

No comments: