Friday, October 26, 2007

A Look At A Busy Weekend

First things first, unless you're planning on being where I am planning on being (Public then Ghenet) I hope you're planning on attending Earshot tonight. It's over on Grand (Willamsburg) at Lucky Cat. Tonight Shanna Compton will be doing a reading for a new Bloof book which you can read all about on her blog and specific information about the Earshot reading can be found on the website which is a link on this here blog so click away and then check out an amazing reading!

As I alluded to I'll be at Public for drinks to help a friend who is freeing herself finally from the terrible claws of Skadden, Arps then it's off to Ghenet for a friend's birthday dinner- yum!

Tomorrow I'm going to the Roasting Plant over on Orchard for the first time- having Pacific Northwest snobbery when it comes to coffee I'm hoping I won't be too disappointed-ha! Actually, I frequent Joes and Think Coffee but you know, it doesn't ever really make the tongue tingle the way Stumptown in Portland does- ah sigh to be sipping coffee for a weekend in Pdx...

On my list of things to do are buy cat litter, buy bedding which i may postpone until next paycheck then go crazy i.e. new duvet, flat sheets, and pillows!, finish manuscript preparations for Poets Out Loud and Bakeless/Breadloaf (hopefully mail them out) go to the post office and send Sawako the Poetry Project, Rain Taxi (both reviewed her Four From Japan) and the lastest issue of Teachers & Writers Magazine. Speaking of reviews I need to write 2 reviews for a couple of Dusie chapbooks, one for a Wave book, and one for Sawako's Four From Japan...

Let's see how much I actually get done. I want to take a nap just thinking about it but as my lunch break is drawing to a close it's back to work I go!

No comments: