Sunday, April 8, 2007

Blonde Redhead

Okay, so I've listened to this band for what seems like ages and have seen them a few times back when I was living in Portland, Oregon. Their new lp, 23, drops on Tuesday. From the song clips I've heard on myspace and their website for the record http://www.blonderedhead23.com/ it sounds like it'll be more on the melodic side- mining the trajectory of Misery Loves a Butterfly- which I completely adored. Of course, I'm old enough to remember when some of my favorite records came out on 4AD in the 90's and early 2000. So I admit my bias...

Anyway, BR are playing a show this Tuesday for free at the Apple Store in SOHO that I think will be pretty special. I'll be otherwise occupied so I can't attend, but someone should then tell me all about it. I saw the Asobi Seksu's show at Apple for the CMJ festival and was impressed by the sound and intimacy of the show + it was the best show I've seen them play, though they were pretty damn good when they played Joe's Pub for the Citrus Release party.

As I recall the poet, Mark Bibbins, was at that show too and agreed it was a fine outing- so there you have it.

No comments: