Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bald Ego Party

The Bald Ego party was a pretty good time. My friend, Maggie was there with her friend, also named Steven and the 3 of us chatted and made use of the open bar. Once Maggie left I met Anton Perich who like so many New Yorkers does a little bit of everything... he's doing photography, videography, and also is the editor of Night Magazine. Naturally, there were a lot of myspace exchanges going on at the party- which is fine, I honestly think myspace works best for that intention, as opposed to some representation of a personal self... anyways here's the link to anton's magazine: myspace.com/nightmagazine

I also met Anjulie who is working with Anton. She's a Toronto export trying to break into the R/B, pop-music world which is a bit outside of my musical expertise. She's also doing a bit of acting in an indie-film who's name I can't quite remember right now. She was very laid-back, sweet, and fairly funny- one gets the feeling all the trade-marks for sucess in the entertainment game. Maybe she'll be my Sheryl Crow and put one of my poems to pop-stardom and I can take a break from looking for damn jobs and buy all my friends a round of drinks or many sips of delicate and delicious tea- HA!

Well here's Anjulie's myspace link: myspace.com/anjulie

I met the photographer Hal Hirshoon. Some of his photos are in Issue 3 of Bald Ego and I remember Sandy (my ex and a woman of many talents) and I both commenting on how much we liked his work so I wished she could have been there to meet him as well 'specially since she's served as muse for a few photographers in recent years...

Max Blagg was amazingly busy making sure everyone had a good time and was his usual gracious and witty self.

I found out there will be an article on Gregory Corso in the next issue and it sounds pretty damn interesting so keep your eyes peeled for it.

Cheers,

Steven

No comments: