Monday, April 27, 2009

Ups & Downs & Them Arounds

Saturday was rather stunning. I went to Roosevelt Island for the first time. Lila & I had a picnic. Here's what we ate: olives, olive tapenade, a baguette, brie, mozzarella, crackers, and beer. We also flew a kite. It was my first time flying a kite. I did not grow up flying kites.

Saturday night was fun time at Farrah & Jared's apartment in DUMBO. People read poetry, drank drinks, and mingled. You can see pictures (the ones with pirate hats) here.

Sunday my sister, two nieces, and nephew came into the city via South Jersey. We walked a lot. They got tired & probably slept really well last night.

I fell asleep around 9:30 while watching Sonic Youth videos. I woke up around 9:30 this morning & looked for work. I have received a lot of emails today, but none of them have been about work or poetry or even from friends. This makes me feel weighted & a bit sweaty. I am going to rinse my face, drink some water, and try to feel as light as light.

No comments: