Monday, February 2, 2009

As if you were there

I didn't do so well with my planned to-do list this weekend. I did work on a poem series from a newish chapbook, but I missed out on a party Friday night, and two poets' readings on Sunday. But, I did help a good friend move & hoping to catch Zapruder's second NYC reading tomorrow night. The information is posted in the previous blog.

I didn't drink coffee today. I don't feel well. In fact, I'm kinda sick but I will attempt to not submit to this illness.

Remember State of the Union? You can click on the link on the right and read my review. You can also listen to a reading from it at CUNY:

Subject: State of the Union audio on Penn Sound

Dear listeners + voters, the audio of this reading is now available at http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://writing.upenn.edu%2Fpennsound%2F. Go listen to Rachel Zucker, Mathias Svalina, John Ashbery, Elizabeth Willis, Dan Chelotti, Thomas Sayers Ellis, Eileen Myles, Caroline Knox, Nick Flynn and Azareen Van der Vliet Oloomi -- presto! Warm thanks to you all for attending -- we hope to see you at the Center for the Humanities events this semester.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Did you miss the Stain reading on Friday just like me? Well, here's our lucky break:

You missed it? You're not in NY (and why should you be?) No problem! Bill Berkson, Cindy Cruz, Aaron Fagan, Jennifer Fortin, Jean-Paul Pecqueur and Bill Rasmovicz talking and shining in little boxes:

http://stainofpoetry.wordpress.com/video/

xo!

Ana and Amy

+++++++++++++++++++++

& there you have it. I'm going back to bed and hope to wake again in another hour, then I'm going to try some eating and reading and then go back to bed again. Maybe tomorrow I'll be a healthier feeling of today.

1 comment:

J. Mae said...

Don't submit! Never!