Thursday, July 3, 2008

Over There Yes I See A Waterfall

Olafur Eliasson has installed these waterfalls in New York. My friend, Ai, was nice enough to invite me along on a bike ride to view them. I think there wound up being 15 or so people. We met at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge then went to DUMBO, then off to Brooklyn Heights, back over the Manhattan Bridge and finally to Battery Park City. After that some went for beers while others went elsewhere. I was one of the elsewhere goers. The website has up a pretty decent bike map. Click "how to visit" then click "by bike." Below is a picture of one of the five waterfalls. We only saw four since the fifth is located near Governers lsland.

In other news, I'm pleased to say that Vanitas has accepted a poem of mine. I haven't had a chance to look at Issue 3 which just came out, but Issue 2 was really solid.

No comments: