Sunday, August 5, 2007

Upcoming this week: An acoustic show and a reading- my oh my

A reading featuring Bruce Covey and my friend Kiely Sweatt on Thursday and an acoustic performance from Anjulie (on Wednesday)- she's pretty much an r&b type of singer/songwriter so i'm not sure what to expect from the show but I'm sure it'll be worth catching.

The show:

Hey
I'm playing an intimate acoustic show this wednesday in the west
village if you'd like to come.

kenny's castaway
157 Bleecker Street btw sullivan and thompson
@ 830pm
no cover charge

x
a

www.myspace.com/anjulie

As some of you may know I am no longer involved with Word of Mouth in any capacity so this will be the 1st one I've attended since my departure. Brian Kloppenberg read at the very last WoM I was a part of. He's pretty good and has a poem in the newly released issue 63 of The New York Quaterly which also features Matthew Yeager who was another reader (twice) at WoM.

The Reading:


Word of Mouth
August 9th at 7pm
@ Bluestockings Radical Books
172 Allen St. (Between Stanton and Rivington)

Readers will be:
Bruce Covey (poetry)
Paul Rome (fiction)
Brian Kloppenberg (poetry)
Kiely Sweat (poetry)


and--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequency
August 11th at 2pm
@ The Four Faced Liar
165 West 4th St. (at 6th Ave.)

Readers will be:
Bruce Covey
Meghan Punschke
Gina Myers


Visit www.megpunschke.com/wordofmouth.html for a complete list of 2007 events.

No comments: