Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Wrap = Monday Blah

Thanks to everyone who came out for the chapbook release party on Saturday!

Sampson Starkweather killed it. If you're not reading his work do yourself a favor and start- I can't think of anyone else who writes like him. (I heard I wasn't awful either.) I had a camera but forgot to take pictures. Oh well.

After the chapbook party there was another release party for John Cotter's book. I haven't had a chance to buy it yet (with moving & little work- I'm on a book buying freeze pretty much until October) but I hear it's quite good. Read about here.

Another prose writer on my to-read list is Christian TeBordo. Read an interview with him here.

Later, on Saturday evening I checked out the Yardmeter Harp & Alter release party. That place was crazy packed. Dan Hoy, like Sampson Starkweather, also wowed at the reading. I can't wait to get my hands on some of Hoy's new work. It's damn good stuff!

After the reading, I had a late dinner with Jeff & Claire & some of their friends which was awesome.

Sunday I checked out the Lit mag fair at Housing Work, but didn't really buy too much 'cause I've already packed up 95% of my books & journals. Although in the last three days I have received three books in mail. Two from Otis and one from Omnidawn.

Today was the start of the summer semester at Lagcc so it was all 9am let's talk about Intro to Lit time. It's 8pm now and I'm exhausted.

No comments: