Friday, May 11, 2007

Mei-mei and Prageeta the day after

well the reading last night was exceptional, except for the fact that um... no one came! perhaps that's an exageration because I was lucky enough to have my friends, Sandy, Shipra, and Monica attend the reading & two of Prageeta's former students also came, but other than that there was Mei-mei's husband, Richard Tuttle, and their daughter, Martha. There were 3 other people too, but for poets of their caliaber it was truly a sad affair to see soooooo many empty seats... All night i couldn't sleep and had a pit in my stomach... we all know that poetry is pretty much a thankless affair but some nights it seems to be equal thankless and mockery! Kindly enough I've been invited to read my poems for a couple of events later this month and then after that I think i'll have to take a bit of a break from all this... just get back to reading and writing- so here's to hoping it's a long summer filled with friends, rooftop bbq's in brooklyn, and lots of good food/drinks.

The one nice thing though is the way Mei-mei constantly referred to her husband throughout the reading and the way he championed Mei-mei after the reading + watching Kazu and Amedeo (Blonde Redhead) on Tuesday made me want to be in love again or at least believe in love again so here's to daffadils and whatnots!

No comments: